Some may call their family physician a GP or Family Doc, but whatever you name you choose, a family physician is just what the name says: a doctor who specializes in medicine for your whole family. Internal Medicine physicians focus on the adult patient and pediatricians specialize in patients from birth to age 22.
We provide care that is continuous, comprehensive and coordinated for both individuals and families. At the center of the care we deliver, is the patient-physician relationship and an understanding of the patient in the context of the family and community. At the heart of what distinguishes Primary Care from other specialties is how this relationship is valued, nurtured, developed and maintained. We emphasize disease prevention and health promotion and deliver care to all of our patients without restrictions based on age, sex, organ system or type of problem, whether it is behavioral, biological or social.
When a referral is indicated, your Primary Care physician will refer you to other specialists or caregivers, but remain the coordinator of your healthcare. We believe this management of your care prevents fragmentation in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. Primary Care physicians also serve as advocates for you in dealing with other medical professionals, third party payers, employers, and others.
Hunterdon Medical Center was one of the first family medicine residency sites in the United States and continues to be a highly regarded academic center training new family physicians. After medical school, family medicine residents receive three years of training in medical, surgical, obstetric and pediatric medicine in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. While not all of the family physicians affiliated with Hunterdon Medical Center had their residency training here, many did. Internal Medicine doctors complete a three year residency focusing on adults only. Pediatricians complete a three year residency focusing on infants, children, and adolescents.
If you are in search of a doctor, there are many family physicians in Hunterdon County who are able to care for you and your family.
- Annandale Family Practice
- The Doctor is In - Clinton
- The Doctor Is In – Flemington
- The Doctor Is In – Phillipsburg
- Family Physicians of Hunterdon County
- Flemington Medical Group, LLC
- Hampton Family Practice
- Hickory Run Family Practice Associates
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Branchburg
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Cornerstone
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at County Line
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Delaware Valley
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Highlands
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Phillips-Barber
- Hunterdon Family Medicine at Riverfield
- Hunterdon Family & Sports Medicine at Hopewell Valley
- Hunterdon Family Physicians
- Hunterdon Family Practice and Obstetrics
- Hunterdon Integrative Physicians
- Ira D. Liebross, MD
- Morningstar Family Health Center
- North Hunterdon Physician Associates
- Pleasant Run Family Physicians & Sports Medicine
- Premier Family Healthcare
- Raritan Family Health Care
- Stockton Family Practice
- Your Doctors Care
- Whitehouse Station Family Medicine
Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
Find a Physician
Physician Referral: 1-800-511-4HMC (1-800-511-4462)